Thursday, January 18, 2018

Live Fearless: A Call to Power, Passion, and Purpose

"I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty tired of the struggle. You know which one I mean—fear, loneliness, not knowing who I am or what I’m meant to do. . . . Sound familiar? 
I struggled with insecurity, comparison, and isolation for too many years, from thigh gaps to eyebrows to the lifestyles I felt I had to live up to. I was so afraid of being “found out,” that everyone in my life would somehow figure out that I was fearful and small and that I struggled to make my faith a reality and to be secure in who I am. It took a major perspective shift from staring at comments on a screen to really digging into the pages of my Bible to see what God actually says about overcoming fear.
Setting aside the fear, anxiety, and comparison to become the joy-filled person God created you to be is exactly what God is inviting you into. To really be seen and known. To be an agent of change by choosing compassion, connection, and acceptance for everyone you come in contact with. Inside this book are ways to find your power, passion, and purpose—and reach for your dreams. Plus, there are places to jot down notes, fun lists, practical ways to make changes, and thoughts on how living fearless can change everything.
Are you tired of the awful comparison game? Are you exhausted from trying to keep up, from feeling small and afraid that people will find the real you and be disappointed? There is so much more for you. No matter who you are, where you come from, or what your fears are, freedom is available to you. It’s just a matter of saying yes. You in?
Hope you’ll join me on this wild adventure as we learn to Live Fearless together.
                                                                                                                             Love,
                                                                                                                             Sadie"

"You've got to work the Word for the Word to work."


What are some things that I fear? 
  • The unknown
  • Future
  • College finances
  • My parents health
  • Stability in everyday life
Currently, my walk in life is not as Godly as I wish it to be. At one point I was turning to God and felt like I was following his path. However, somewhere along the way, I allowed the fear that Sadie discusses throughout this book to encompass me. I am scared of what is to come in life. I am scared to see myself grow and what tomorrow will bring but the way this book is written allows you as a reader to not only reignite or even ignite your walk with Christ but to force you to face your fears head on in the name of Jesus Christ. Sadie encourages you as the reader to realize that it's okay to pray fear away and utilize prayer a lot. She also inserts scripture into her work as if it is everyday lingo for her. It gives the book the genuine feel of the small town, christian girl that is just popular because she is walking the Lord's path. It's not just a feel good story but a story that will get you up and off your feet for Christ. 
 Something that stands out to me, is Sadie's definitions of Fear and Faith. 
Fear:"The belief that that something bad is going to happen"
Faith:"The belief that something good is going to happen.'
The slight difference in these definitions is so powerful that many would overlook it. However, Sadie forces you, the reader, the question are your fearful or faithful in life? Do you walk with you the belief that something good or bad is going to happen to you. It's not just a mindset but a change of heart and she's very adamant that we as Christians need the guidance of the Holy Spirit to be able to be Fearless. Overall, this book has changed not just my mindset but my heart. It ha changed my heart to be more faithful and open to Christ.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an interesting read, though I'm not really the audience they had in mind. Great post! Looking forward to reading more in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete